Ph.D. studentCNB E 102.1
Department of Computer Science
+41 44 632 06 76
Tilmann's PhD research investigated the combination of agile development practices, information system development and object databases. Recently, he has been working on a k-dimensional indexing technique called the PH-Tree. He also developed and maintains the open-source object database system ZooDB.
After graduating in 1995 as a civil engineer from TU Darmstadt in Germany, Tilmann started working for the European Space Agency (ESA) in Darmstadt on their ground station control software. Two years later, he moved to The Netherlands where he worked for 5 years on ESA’s Herschel Common Science System, a software suite for the Herschel Space Observatory based on an object database management system. Since 2009, Tilmann has been a PhD student in the GlobIS group at ETH Zurich.
- The PH-Tree - A Space-Efficient Storage Structure and Multi-Dimensional Index By Tilmann Zaschke, Christoph Zimmerli, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 2014 ACM SIGMOD, Snowbird, Utah, USA, June 2014 PDF
- Optimising Conceptual Data Models through Profiling in Object Databases By Tilmann Zaschke, Stefania Leone, Tobias Gmunder, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 32nd Intl. Conf. on Conceptual Modeling (ER 2013), Hong Kong, November 2013 PDF
- Optimising Schema Evolution Operation Sequences in Object Databases for Data Evolution By Tilmann Zaschke, Stefania Leone, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 31st Intl. Conf. on Conceptual Modeling (ER 2012), Florence, Italy, October 2012 PDF
- Adaptive Model-Driven Information Systems Development for Object Databases By Tilmann Zaschke, Christoph Zimmerli, Stefania Leone, Minh Nguyen, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 20th Intl. Conf. on Information Systems Development (ISD2011) Edinburgh, Scotland, August 2011 PDF
- Revisiting Schema Evolution in Object Databases in Support of Agile Development By Tilmann Zaschke, Moira C. Norrie in In Proceedings of ICOODB 2010, 3rd International Conference on Object Databases, Frankfurt, Germany, September 2010 PDF