Ph.D. studentCNB E 102.2
Department of Computer Science
+41 44 633 73 09
David's research concerns constraints and data quality. When developing large information systems, it is inevitable that several forms of checks and controls are specified in different components of the system at the interface, application and database levels. Consequently, there is often redundancy as the same checks may be performed on different levels and it is difficult for a developer to have an overview of data quality controls and manage them efficiently. As well as extending and generalising constraint models to cater for different types of data quality, he is exploring how constraints can be defined and managed in single place, but executed in different components to optimise data quality controls.
David studied computer science with a focus on information systems and business informatics at the University of Zurich, obtaining an MSc in 2006. He then worked for four years as a software engineer at SIX Card solutions AG before joining the GlobIS group as a research assistant in 2011.
- UnifiedOCL: Achieving System-Wide Constraint Representations By David Weber, Jakub Szymanek, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 35th Intl. Conf. on Conceptual Modeling (ER 2016), Gifu, Japan, November 2016 PDF
- An Assessment Impact Classification of Data Quality Requirements in Food Composition Database Systems By Karl Presser, David Weber, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 2nd IMEKOFOODS, Benevento, Italy, October 2016
- FoodCASE: A System to Manage Food Composition, Consumption and TDS Data By Karl Presser, David Weber, Moira C. Norrie in Food Chemistry
- A Scope Classification of Data Quality Requirements for Food Composition Data By Karl Presser, Hans Hinterberger, David Weber, Moira C. Norrie in Food Chemistry PDF
- How to Give Feedback on Data Quality: A Study in the Food Sciences By David Weber, Karl Presser, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 23rd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Munster, Germany, May 2015 PDF
- A Study of Data Quality Requirements for Empirical Data in the Food Sciences By Karl Presser, David Weber, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 22nd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Tel Aviv, Israel, June 2014 PDF
- Constraint-Based Data Quality Management Framework for Object Databases By David Weber, Stefania Leone, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 21st European Conf. on Information Systems, Utrecht, The Netherlands, June 2013 PDF