Post-docCNB E 102.2
Department of Computer Science
+41 44 632 08 74
Karl's doctoral work involved developing a data quality model and framework for the food composition database FoodCASE. This work is now being taken further in the context of the EU project TDS-Exposure where he is co-leader of a work package developing a set of data management tools and data exchange interfaces for managing food contaminant data. The system being developed, called FoodCASE-Risk, is based on FoodCASE, but involves a number of modifications and extensions to meet the requirements of risk assesors and risk managers as well as supporting various data and data exhange standards.
Karl studied computer science at ETH Zurich, obtaining a Diploma in Informatik in 2004. He then worked at Balzano Informatik AG for three years before returning to ETH Zurich in 2007 to do a PhD under the supervision of Prof. Hans Hinterberger. He joined the GlobIS group when Prof. Hinterberger retired and completed his Doctoral Thesis in 2012. He is now working part-time as a post-doc in the GlobIS group, leading the activities for the EU project TDS-exposure.
- An Assessment Impact Classification of Data Quality Requirements in Food Composition Database Systems By Karl Presser, David Weber, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 2nd IMEKOFOODS, Benevento, Italy, October 2016
- FoodCASE: A System to Manage Food Composition, Consumption and TDS Data By Karl Presser, David Weber, Moira C. Norrie in Food Chemistry
- A Scope Classification of Data Quality Requirements for Food Composition Data By Karl Presser, Hans Hinterberger, David Weber, Moira C. Norrie in Food Chemistry PDF
- How to Give Feedback on Data Quality: A Study in the Food Sciences By David Weber, Karl Presser, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 23rd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Munster, Germany, May 2015 PDF
- A Study of Data Quality Requirements for Empirical Data in the Food Sciences By Karl Presser, David Weber, Moira C. Norrie in Proc. 22nd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Tel Aviv, Israel, June 2014 PDF
- Towards Harmonized Data Interchange in Food Consumption Data By Heikki Pakkala, Tue Christensen, Karl Presser, Ignazio Martinez de Victoria in Computer Standards & Interfaces, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp 592-597 PDF