ZooDB is an open-source Java Object Database
ZooDB is an open-source Java Object Database with partial support for JDO. It is developed by Tilmann Zäschke in a private effort but has been used in the GlobIS groups in several projects.
- Partial support for JDO 3.0
- Profiling with refactoring recommendations
- Strong support for schema evolution (not complete yet)
- Copy-On-Write approach on I/O level ensure ACID properties even in case of disc failure without requiring a log file
- Can be used as in-memory database
- >4 times faster than the db4o ODBMS using db4o's own polepos benchmark
The source code is available here.